My right ankle clicks and pops when i move it up and down. Also hear clicking when i walk. There is absolutely no pain though. What is causing this.?

Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Podiatry

In brief: There are a

Few reasons why this could happen, it would depend on precisely where on the ankle it is coming from as the answer will be related to the anatomy.
I.E. On the outside portion it may be secondary to the peroneal tendons moving out of their anatomical groove because of a loosening of the soft tissue structure keeping it in place causing a snapping...It depends on the location. If no pain, no worry.

In brief: There are a

Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Dr. Randy Lisch
Podiatry

In brief: Tendon pop

This is usually caused by the tendon coming around the ankle being located in a shallow groove.
When you move your ankle the tendon will slip in and out of the groove and thereby causing the click and popping sound- nothing to worry about. If it becomes painful, then it could be arthritis that i would seek care for.

In brief: Tendon pop

Dr. Randy Lisch
Dr. Randy Lisch

In brief: Several things

It could be the tendon moving over bone, or cartilage damage .
Or just the foot and ankle postion when you move. If it continues you may want to have it checked at your next exam.

In brief: Several things

Dr. Arnold Beresh
Dr. Arnold Beresh
Dr. Andrea Brand