My hemoglobin level is 11 3 what is the chance it is a cancer of some sort . My levels were fine at my physical last year. I am a male 63 years of age?

Dr. Barry Rosen
Surgery

In brief: Walk B4 U Run

What was your hb last year? 11.
3 is only a little low. Anemia may be due to different causes, many of which are not secondary to cancer. Your doctor will be able to do some simple lab tests to determine if it is due to decreased production of red blood cells or increased loss. If (s)he identifies evidence of internal bleeding from the GI tract, you will need to see a GI doctor for endoscopy.

In brief: Walk B4 U Run

What was your hb last year? 11.
Dr. Barry Rosen
Dr. Barry Rosen
Dr. Adam Smith