My TSH level was 6.5 on my tests but my other thyroid tests came normal (t3 (liothyronine) and T4 I believe) what does this mean? And what could be causing this?

Several things. You have subclinical hypothyroidism. It may be asymptomatic. If you are planning pregnancy it should be treated. The cause for many women is hashimoto's thyroiditis. See a thyroidologist.
See below. T3 (liothyronine) and T4 can be normal if your protein level is high. These are total T3 (liothyronine) and T4 levels. Both hormones are transported on proteins. So, if your TSH is high, your doctor should be running a free T4 (not protein bound) to confirm that your thyroid level really is low. Otherwise, there are a few other reasons just the TSH can be high.