When I wake up in the night I have pains between my shoulder blades and inside my chest. Is it something to worry about?

Dr. Donald Jacobson

In brief: Gallbladder

The old adage " female, forty, and fertile"among others may hold for you.
I would go in for a gallbladder work-up because the pain can radiate between your shoulder blades and can radiate between the shoulder blades. See your family doctor. If the pain is unbearable or lasts greater than 4 hours, please go to the emergency room. Best wishes.

In brief: Gallbladder

Dr. Donald Jacobson
Dr. Donald Jacobson
Dr. Ipe Kalathoor

In brief: Chest pain

Sometimes this could be from a rare condition called aortic dissection which is an emergency.
If the pain is severe i recommend you going to an emergency room right away.

In brief: Chest pain

Dr. Ipe Kalathoor
Dr. Ipe Kalathoor
Dr. Ruth Crystal

In brief: Maybe

Your symptoms may be from acid reflux from your stomach to your esophagus when you lay down.
Try taking some Tums (calcium carbonate) (antacids). If the pain does not go away, i would call your doctor to make sure that it is not something more serious.

In brief: Maybe

Dr. Ruth Crystal
Dr. Ruth Crystal
Dr. Aaron Milstone
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Pulmonology