Why do I get a stuffy nose and red/watery eyes only at night?

Tired dry eyes. Paradoxically, when the eyes become dried out at the end of a long day, there is a reflex tearing and watering as you try to cover over the dry spots with new tears. The excess tears run down the nasolacrimal duct into the nose causing a stuffy nose.
Two reasons. After keeping the eyes open all day, it catches up with you. When the eye's surface stays open for a long while, it dries out, and a signal is sent to the tear gland to send more tears. These tears keep coming until the surface heals. Tears drain into the nose, so more tears means stuffy and runny nose as well.