When I walk out the door, my eyes become watery. Is this normal?

Dr. David Kira
Ophthalmology

In brief: NO

Something is irritating your eye and causing reactive tearing (epiphora).
Sometime it is dryness, sensitivity to glare or poor focusing leading to the wateriness. Best to be seen by your ophthalmologist to find out exactly why.

In brief: NO

Dr. David Kira
Dr. David Kira
Dr. Andrew Shatz
Ophthalmology

In brief: It can be

Some people are sensitive to lights, and can get watery eyes when leaving a dim room to enter bright sunlight.
This can cause momentary discomfort and reflex tearing. If your symptoms occur even when going from dim to light rooms, or if they have only been occuring recently, you should have an eye exam to rule out other causes such as inflammation of the eyes.

In brief: It can be

Dr. Andrew Shatz
Dr. Andrew Shatz
Dr. Keegan Duchicela