Can Prozac (fluoxetine) prevent depression?

In some, yes. Depression can be recurrent in some people's lives -- and also very disabling when present. In cases with 2 or more clear depressive episodes, your doctor may recommend saying on Prozac (fluoxetine) (or other antidepressant) permanently & preventively. For some this works and is reasonable -- especially if there aren't problematic side effects. Without previous history though, i wouldn't take it in advance.
Yes. Having major depression twice isindication to stay on med it may not be sufficient. With one medication the chance of complete resolution of all sx's is 30%. What left: insomnia, daytime fatigue and pain worse than tissue damage. You need at least 70% sx improvement lest inc. Chance of relapse on the med; not good for morale.Deeply asleep, deeply awake, quite mind; this is goal, combo may b nec.
Prozac (fluoxetine) No, it cannot prevent depression, but it can lift mood and decrease anxiety. It works by allowing more serotonin, a neurotransmitter, to exist in the brain. There really is no benefit from taking Prozac (fluoxetine) if you are not depressed - and you shouldn't.