My mom had a cataract surgery a year ago, but her eyes are still watery. Is this normal?

Maybe. Might have existed before the surgery. Could be related to poor production, decreased outflow (lacrimal drain issues), reflexive with poor tear film or lid position. Making incisions on the cornea sometimes affects the feedback loop of the cornea and tears.
Her eyes may be dry. A year after surgery it is possible that her eyes are dry and she is over producing tears to compensate for the dryness. Try using artificial tears to see if this helps.
Wateriness. The watery eyes are not related to the prior cataract surgery. Dry eye is very common. I would try artificial tears frequently during the day, ointment at night, warm compresses 1-2 times a day, and omega-3 fatty acid supplements. If no improvement, see an eye doctor.
Not related. This isn't related to cataract surgery. She should see an eye doctor for evaluation. It could be as simple as dry eye, eyelid malposition, or obstruction of the tear drainage system.