My eye sight is not good, but when my eyes become watery, I can see perfectly clear. Why is that?

Dr. Robert Chang
Ophthalmology

In brief: Dry eye

A poor tear film will decrease vision, but extra water can make the corneal surface smooth to refract light better. Also can try making a partially relaxed fist with a small hole and looking through the top end to mimic a tiny pinhole to see better.

In brief: Dry eye

Dr. Robert Chang
Dr. Robert Chang
Dr. David Kira
Ophthalmology

In brief: Dryness

The first lens in the eye is the tear film on the cornea.
If this is inadequate or not healthy then the vision will be blurred. Try artificial tears for comfort and clarity and if this isn't sufficient, see your ophthalmologist for additional to rule out other problems.

In brief: Dryness

Dr. David Kira
Dr. David Kira
Dr. Adam Smith