When I have runny or stuffy nose, I get watery eyes also. Is there a connection?

Dr. Stephen Hamilton
Ophthalmology

In brief: Watery eyes

If you have an upper respiratory infection such as a virus, it can effect the nose and eyes.
Watery eyes(like crying) can also lead to a stuffy nose since the tears drain into the nose through the naso-lacrimal drainage system.

In brief: Watery eyes

Dr. Stephen Hamilton
Dr. Stephen Hamilton
Dr. Andrew Shatz
Ophthalmology

They can be related.
Tears drain from the eyes into the corner of the eyelids and then into the nose. If you have a stuffed nose, the tear drain can be squeezed closed and tears will not have anywhere to go. They will ultimately collect on the eyelids and run down your face.

They can be related.
Dr. Andrew Shatz
Dr. Andrew Shatz
Dr. Marsha Davis