What's the best way to get my 10year old boy with aspergers syndrome to eat healthy food?

Dr. Carla Enriquez

In brief: Porvide good food

Aspies have very narrowed interests that they defend with awesome pedantism. Try to provide nutritious foods within their parameters.
Arguing with an aspie is futile and can lead to conduct problems. This isn't to recommend they eat whatever they want, but use wise choices within their menu of likes. See .

In brief: Porvide good food

Dr. Johanna Fricke
Pediatrics - Developmental & Behavioral

In brief: It's tough

Liking the "whites" & hating the " greens" are pretty common in as.
Sometimes my patients are " rules-based" enough that we get away with the rule that , " first we eat..., then we eat..." & parents model that. Or we hide it by blending it. Or we use behavioral techniques, with immediate reinforcers. But trying to explain why it's important or arguing about it are, indeed, futile.

In brief: It's tough

Dr. Jonathan Jassey