What is the most recommended remedy for itchy eyes and scratchy throat?

Antihistamine . You sound like you are having symptoms realted to environmental allergies. Itchy eyes (with redness, tearing, and irritation) along with a runny nose, sneezing and a scratchy throat are hallmarks of allergies. I would recommend an over the counter antihistamine like Claritin and a drop called zaditor (ketotifen). Cool compresses can also help with the eye itch.
See your doctor. These can be symptoms of allergies or post-nasal drip. You should see your doctor to evaluate the cause and provide you with treatment options.