What allergy eye drops can I purchase to relieve itchy eyes due to the high pollen count during the summer?

Antihistamine. While lubricating drops help some, antihistamines drops do the most for eye allergy symptoms, including itching & watering. There are many over-the-counter antihistamine products to choose from. Older products may be combined with decongestants which decrease redness; however, overuse of these products may cause increased rebound redness. Plain antihistamine drops are your best bet for itching.
These work best. The best way to treat eye allergies is with pills recommended by your doctor. Adding prescription nasal sprays also works nicely. Adding over counter allaway or zaditor drops is first choice. Last resort, prescription drops such as Pataday or bepreve (bepotastine besilate). My patients have achieved control of eye allergies following this.