What does it mean if I have blood in my urine?

Dr. S. Smiley Thakur
Internal Medicine - Nephrology & Dialysis
In brief: Diagnosis First
It depends where it is coming from. It may be from the filtering units, kidneys, ureters, bladder, prostate, or urethra.
The presence of other factors in the urine, symptoms, and patient's age all will suggest a likely source, and order of investigations to your doctor.

In brief: Diagnosis First
Dr. S. Smiley Thakur
Dr. S. Smiley Thakur
Dr. Tarek Naguib
In brief: Blood/urine =inflamm
It may be due to infection, cancer, trauma, or stone of passageways.
Also, glomerulonephritis ( filtering unit diseases) are possible. Need a doctor to differentiate.

In brief: Blood/urine =inflamm
Dr. Tarek Naguib
Dr. Tarek Naguib
Dr. Ruth Crystal
In brief: Possible infection
You could have a urinary tract infection (bladder infection), a kidney stone or could have blood from another source such as vaginal bleeding.
Please call your doctor for evaluation.

In brief: Possible infection
Please call your doctor for evaluation.
Dr. Ruth Crystal
Dr. Ruth Crystal