My eyes are very itchy. Near the edge of my eyes, my skin is swollen. Should I wait it out?

Dr. Constance Okeke
Ophthalmology
In brief: Allergies in the eye
It sounds like you're suffering from allergies in the eye with your symptoms of itching, redness and bumps on the lid.
You can try using over-the-counter Zaditor, (ketotifen) artificial tears and cold compresses. If this does not improve then you should see an eye care provider. Also if you do suffer from allergies treating them systemically can help to. Good luck!

In brief: Allergies in the eye
Dr. Constance Okeke
Dr. Constance Okeke
Dr. Andrew Shatz
Ophthalmology
In brief: No
It is never a good idea to "wait out" a medical problem, since it tends to worsen and become more difficult to treat.
This can be an allergic reaction to a new cleaning product, pet dander or many other conditions. The best way to take care of this is to have an eye doctor look at your eyes and create an appropriate treatment plan.

In brief: No
Dr. Andrew Shatz
Dr. Andrew Shatz
Dr. Paul Holmwood
Ophthalmology
In brief: Nope
This could be a severe case of allergic conjunctivitis or possibly something much worse such as bacterial conjunctivitis with early preseptal cellulitis among other things.
Have it checked out by an eye md soon.

In brief: Nope
Have it checked out by an eye md soon.
Dr. Paul Holmwood
Dr. Paul Holmwood