My eyes are very itchy. Near the edge of my eyes, my skin is swollen. Should I wait it out?

Allergies in the eye. It sounds like you're suffering from allergies in the eye with your symptoms of itching, redness and bumps on the lid. You can try using over-the-counter Zaditor, (ketotifen) artificial tears and cold compresses. If this does not improve then you should see an eye care provider. Also if you do suffer from allergies treating them systemically can help to. Good luck!
No. It is never a good idea to "wait out" a medical problem, since it tends to worsen and become more difficult to treat. This can be an allergic reaction to a new cleaning product, pet dander or many other conditions. The best way to take care of this is to have an eye doctor look at your eyes and create an appropriate treatment plan.
Nope. This could be a severe case of allergic conjunctivitis or possibly something much worse such as bacterial conjunctivitis with early preseptal cellulitis among other things. Have it checked out by an eye md soon.