What type of eye drops is best for itchy eyes?

There are many. The best are antihistamine and mast cell inhibitors. Avoid vasoconstrictors like visine that gets the red out as they can make matters worse if used too frequently.
Cool compresses. Cooler temperatures helps relieve itching. Avoid warm compresses. These will bring more histamine to the itchy area and increase the problem.
Itchy eyes. I usually have patients start with a preservative free artificial tear, such as theratears. Keep them cold, and they will be more soothing. If the tears don't help, then try zaditor over-the counter twice a day for a few weeks. If this does not work, ask your ophthalmologist for Pataday or lastacaft, (alcaftadine) both once-a-day potent drops for ocular allergies.