What is the connection between leg cramps and pulmonary hypertension?

Unrelated. Pulmonary hypertension is increase in the pulmonary artery pressure, resulting in shortness of breath, fatigue, chest pain, cough, and may have ankle swelling. Cramping in leg muscles is seen with venous incompetence often associated with ankle swelling. The two different disease process can cause ankle swelling, and that may contribute to the cramping.
PH and Leg Cramps. Patients with pulmonary hypertension (ph) are prone to swelling prompting the use of water pills (diuretics) that can produce leg cramping.
None. Leg cramps are not part of the typical symptom complex that pulm HTN patients experience. Most common is shortness of breath, chest pain and faint. Many pulm HTN patients are treated with water pills called diuretics which may lower potassium and magnesium levels causing leg cramps.