Can I have genital herpes but haven't seen an outbreak?

Yes. Yes, especially if you are male. Symptoms of herpes for some are very subtle and can be mistaken for an ingrown hair or pimple. 20% of americans have herpes and many don't even know it. If you think you might have it, a blood test from your doc can confirm.
Yes u can. Esp if a recurrent infection, some women cam carry tehheirus on thier cervix it will show up with a herpes culture, and on the vulva you can have herpes without having lesions, it can be mistaken for a vulvar yeast infection somnetimes, but if u do a culture it will show herpes or sometimes I have seen herpes and yeast at the same time.