Are there any anti-depressants I can use if I have pulmonary fibrosis?

Dr. Craig Brown
Internal Medicine - Pulmonology
In brief: Pulmonary fibrosis
To my knowledge, antidepressants have not been shown to assist with any respiratory aspects of pulmonary fibrosis.
It is common for fibrosis patients to be depressed, and may be reasonable that these depressed patients could benefit from antidepressants.

In brief: Pulmonary fibrosis
Dr. Craig Brown
Dr. Craig Brown
Dr. Ibrahim Faruqi
Internal Medicine - Pulmonary Critical Care
I would suggest that you seek help from a clinical psychologist and if necessary a psychiatrist.

Dr. Ibrahim Faruqi
Dr. Ibrahim Faruqi
2 comments
Dr. Alan Ali
Psychologist for meds.?
Dr. Ibrahim Faruqi
Many patients with IPF benefit from non pharmacotherapeutic measures. Hence the need to see a clinical psychologist.