Will my mom, who has lung cancer, have a higher chance of getting a pulmonary embolism on a flight?

Yes. Patients with cancer are at a greater risk of developing blood clots. Ask your doctor about compression stockings that may reduce the risk clots in the legs. Also, i recommend to get up at least once an hour to walk around the plane.
Yes. Cancer is a well-known risk factor for blood clots. If the flight is short (which is relative these days with the long wait times, security etc), the risk is not so high but particularly with longer flights, ask your doctor for prophylaxis - she can get a blood-thinner shot beforehand. Oxygen requirement is another issue as there is less oxygen at altitudes. Consult your doctor!