Should I go to the emergency room if I suspect I have a blood clot?

Dr. Luke Hermann
Emergency Medicine

In brief: Probably

Because evaluating for the presence of a DVT usually requires an ultrasound, and because dvt's should be diagnosed as early as possible, if you suspect you have one you should go the emergency department.
Although it's always good to discuss first with your primary doctor, most doctors do not have the ability to perform diagnostic ultrasonography in their office.

In brief: Probably

Dr. Luke Hermann
Dr. Luke Hermann

In brief: Depends

Daytime see your pcp.
Maybe an urgent care? The er is usually quite expensive you need an ultrasound to confirm and that is done at most hospitals as an outpatient.

In brief: Depends

Daytime see your pcp.
Dr. Creighton Wright
Dr. Creighton Wright