Can vitamins stop blood clots in the legs?

Dr. Christopher Coller
In brief: Uncertain
I am unaware of any vitamins that are as potent as meds such as aspirin, Coumadin (warfarin) or plavix.
However, there is data showing that supplements such as fish oil, vitamin e, and vitamin c have some blood thinning properties. Regardless, addressing the reason for blood clots in the legs is very important. Dealing with weight, immobility, and inflammation in the blood vessels is crucial for prevention.

In brief: Uncertain
Dr. Christopher Coller
Dr. Christopher Coller
Dr. Jason Burke
Anesthesiology
In brief: NO
Vitamin e can thin the blood a bit, but if you have blood clots in your legs, seek medical attention.
These can cause serious problems, even death. They can travel from your legs to your lungs and you can die. Blood clots in the legs are a medical emergency and need expert care and followup.

In brief: NO
Dr. Jason Burke
Dr. Jason Burke
Dr. Adam Smith