Am I higher risk for getting another pulmonary embolism after I get my tubes tied?

Dr. Pedro Hernandez
Internal Medicine - Geriatrics
In brief: Avoid estrogens
Unless you spend too long in bed recovering.
Try some DVT prophylaxis before, during and after surgery wearing elastic support stockings, start walking as soon as possible after surgery . Your drs must consider to give you preventive anticoagulants like Lovenox (enoxaparin) while you are in bed and if you are on warfarin from your previous pulmonary emboli you should stop it 5 days before surgery.

In brief: Avoid estrogens
Dr. Pedro Hernandez
Dr. Pedro Hernandez
Dr. Carlo Hatem
Internal Medicine - Pulmonary Critical Care
In brief: No
No relation since the ovaries are not affected in this procedure.
If you stop taking estrogen for contraception as a result of the procedure, you would be reducing your risk of embolism.

In brief: No
Dr. Carlo Hatem
Dr. Carlo Hatem
Dr. Klaus d Lessnau
In brief: Not really
Check with your doc.

In brief: Not really
Check with your doc.
Dr. Klaus d Lessnau
Dr. Klaus d Lessnau
Dr. Vicken Poochikian