What's the highest survival rate for malignant melanoma?

Dr. Mike Bowman
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery

In brief: Depends on depth

The prognosis for melanoma depends greatly on the stage at diagnosis.
In the absence of spread to lymph nodes or other sites, the depth of the melanoma is the most important factor which predicts outcome. The deeper the tumor invades the more risk of it spreading/recurring. I caught early, melanoma is very curable. Discuss the case in question with your dermatologist or oncologist.

In brief: Depends on depth

Dr. Mike Bowman
Dr. Mike Bowman
Pathology

In brief: 100%

A lesion that is removed completely and had not spread before removal will have 100% survival rate, i.
E, will not affect the longevity of the person.

In brief: 100%

Dr. Arlo Miller
Dermatology

In brief: 100%

Patients with melanoma in situ have survival rates that are nearly 100%.
Other patients with very thin melanomas also have survival rates that are very high. It all depends on stage.

In brief: 100%

Dr. Arlo Miller
Dr. Arlo Miller