What are the side effects of drinking alcohol on fetus?

Fetal alcohol syndro. It can cause fetal alcohol syndrome it can cause brain damage and affect child behavior . Pregnant women should not drink alcohol at all.
Dose dependent. The original FAS cases were found in offspring of skid row alcoholics in France in the 1950's.Their kids had intense effects. Since that time we know the alcohol turns to formaldehyde in the fetus, injuring tissue.Changes in facial structure, heart defects & brain damage occur. Brain effects include ADHD/ADD.There is no safe dose, although casual use is hard to pin to specific injury.