I am 17 weeks pregnant and I have an appt with my dentist to get a filling. It is recommended to receive lidocaine with epinefrine (pregnancy cat b)?

Call physician. Prior to any dental treatment, your dentist needs to call your obgyn to get clearance for treatment. When having any anesthetic, it is advisable to avoid epirnephrine. It is also advisable to confine any dental treatment, other than cleanings, to the second trimester.
Lido with epi OK. Dental care is fine during your pregnancy with a few common sense guidelines. Lidocaine with epinephrine is categorized as Pregnancy category B and is safe for use if needed (Carbocaine and other non epis are "C"!). For a statement from the College of OBGYN on dental care go here...http://www.acog.org/About-ACOG/News-Room/News-Releases/2013/Dental-X-Rays-Teeth-Cleanings-Safe-During-Pregnancy.
Yes. It is safe to give Lidocaine with epi during the second trimester. However, your dentist should use the lowest effective dose. If you do have any concerns and the procedure is not going to be too long, you can ask him/her to use 3% Carbocaine without a vasoconstrictor.
2nd trimester. Elective dental treatment such as fillings should be done in the second trimester of pregnancy.
No. You should avoid the vasoconstrictors. Plain anesthetics would be recommended.
Yes. Pregnant women are now considered to be "real" people prior to delivery.
Avoid epinephrine. Dentistry is best done during the second trimester. The local anesthetic should be free of epinephrine. Plain Lidocaine or Mepivacaine should be used.
Call your OB doctor. I ahve a form that i fax to teh dentist saying what is allowed and not allowed, i allow Lidocaine but no epinefrine, but ask your ob.