How could I know if my daughters tickly cough is because of kittens?

Dr. Patrick Melder
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery

In brief: Antihistamines

Two things: if she always coughs when around the kittens.
.. Likely causing allergy. Second, try an antihistamine for when you expect her to be around the kittens.. If the cough is not present ... Likely an allergy to cats. Cats are more allogenic than dogs.

In brief: Antihistamines

Dr. Patrick Melder
Dr. Patrick Melder
Dr. Sue Ferranti

In brief: Evaluation...

Have her evaluated by her doctor when the cough is present to see if wheezing is heard.
If bronchospasm is felt to be present, she could then have allergy testing to see if she has a cat sensitivity. She may need pulmonary function testing as well. Good luck!

In brief: Evaluation...

Dr. Sue Ferranti
Dr. Sue Ferranti
Dr. Steven Seres