Could Lyme disease cause pain in ribs while breathing in deeply?

Dr. Randy Baker
Holistic Medicine
Lyme disease is known to infect every organ and can cause virtually every symptom known to man.
It is not unusual for lyme to cause costochondritis, inflammation of the joints between the ribs and sternum (breastbone), causing pain in the chest with deep breaths. Lyme disease can also cause pleurisy, inflammation of the lining of the lungs, which causes pain in the rib region with deep breathing.

Dr. Randy Baker
Dr. Randy Baker
Dr. Jack Mutnick
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology
In brief: Lyme Disease
I am sure it is possible if it is an acute lyme disease infection since muscle and joint aches are common.
But it could also be an entirely separate entity. Do not hesitate to see a doctor and ask for further evaluation.

In brief: Lyme Disease
Dr. Jack Mutnick
Dr. Jack Mutnick
Dr. Marsha Davis