If I have indigestion, should I be concerned for myself or my baby?

Dr. Padmavati Garvey
In brief: No
Mild to moderate indigestion is common in pregnancy because of the hormones of pregnancy and the pressure on the stomach from the growing uterus.
Avoid fatty foods. Avoid onions, tomatoes and garlic. Allow at least three to four hours between your last meal for the night and when you go to bed.

In brief: No
Dr. Padmavati Garvey
Dr. Padmavati Garvey
Dr. Afshine Emrani
Internal Medicine - Cardiology
In brief: Yes and no
Plenty of people suffer from heartburn.
As long as you can manage it you should be fine. Make sure with your doctor you don't have h pylori and chronic heart burn can cause long term damage, so you need to learn what to eat and what to avoid. Your baby should not be affected. If you are pregnant, then indigestion is common during this time and will pass after you deliver and will not affect baby.

In brief: Yes and no
Plenty of people suffer from heartburn.
Dr. Afshine Emrani
Dr. Afshine Emrani
Dr. Shontae Buffington