Can bulimia cause difficulty in breathing?

Dr. Jeff Jacobs
Pediatrics - Psychiatry
In brief: It's possible
Bulimia can lead to abnormalities in electrolytes and in the acid/base balance of the body.
Some of these abnormalities can, in turn, lead to shortness of breath or other cardiac or respiratory symptoms. I recommend that the person having these symptoms see a professional as soon as possible for evaluation. Best of luck.

In brief: It's possible
Dr. Jeff Jacobs
Dr. Jeff Jacobs
Dr. Craig Brown
Internal Medicine - Pulmonology
In brief: Bulemia
Patients that vomit frequently are at high risk to aspirate (vomit going into the lungs).
This could cause a respiratory inflammatory process known as pneumonitis. This process could certainly be associated with wheezing.

In brief: Bulemia
Dr. Craig Brown
Dr. Craig Brown
Dr. Adam Smith