What can cause gross hematuria (blood in urine)?

Here are. Many. Examples are tumors of urinary tract - kidneys, ureters, bladder, prostate, urethra with bladder most commonly involved, UTI-hemorrhagic cystitis, stone passage through ureter or bladder stone itself, cystitis after radiation, some nephropathy, even after vigorous running, after catheter, after various surgery in kidneys, ureters, bladder, prostate, and urethra, etc.
Infection,tumourSton. Can be due to following reasons 1 infections in bladder or kidneys 2 bladder or kidney stone 3tumours and cancer of bladder or kidneys 4benign prostatic hypertrophy and prostatitis 5kidney disease like glomerulonephritis 6 inherited alpert sybdrome and sickle cell disease 7meds like aspirin, anticoagulants, anti cancer drugs 8 some time strenuous exercise can too blood can be visible or microscopic.