If I have to take lorazepan for lots of coughing and shortness of breath, could it be emphysema?

Dr. Rada Ivanov
Internal Medicine - Pulmonary Critical Care
In brief: See below
Lorazepam is not a medicine for coughing or shortness of breath.
You may have asthma, emphysema or a number of other lung diseases. Get yourself checked by a pulmonary specialist. And if you smoke, stop - that will improve your symptoms.

In brief: See below
Dr. Rada Ivanov
Dr. Rada Ivanov
Dr. Fernando Torres
Internal Medicine - Pulmonology
In brief: Usually no
Emphysema is a specific lung disease caused by smoking.
If you are not a smoker, it is unlikely to be emphysema. A simple cxr and a visit to your doctor will clear that concern for you. I would be more concerned of other illnesses that are treatable. But you need to see a doctor for this. The causes of cough, dyspnea on a young person need to be worked up.

In brief: Usually no
Dr. Fernando Torres
Dr. Fernando Torres
Dr. Louis Grenzer
Internal Medicine - Cardiology
In brief: Maybe
The reasons for coughing and shortness of breath are many and to tell what the reason is in you requires examination and testing.
You need a doctor to ask you questions, examine you, order appropriate tests, and then put all that together. Do you smoke? Do you have a fever? Are you more short of breath when you lie down? Answers to such questions can be very helpful.

In brief: Maybe
Dr. Louis Grenzer
Dr. Louis Grenzer
Dr. Marsha Davis