What can I do if my breathing feels restricted in the third trimester?

Dr. Pam Yoder
Obstetrics & Gynecology - Maternal Fetal Medicine

In brief: See OB, L&D ASAP

If new or worsening respiratory or heart symptoms, there may be condition that affects not only the pregnant woman but also the fetus.
So it is important for a woman to immediately notify her OB provider and to be seen for evaluation of her and for fetal heart monitoring till a problem is ruled out. If not a problem, then she will be sent home with office followup unless symptoms come back.

In brief: See OB, L&D ASAP

Dr. Pam Yoder
Dr. Pam Yoder
Dr. Tahir Chauhdry

In brief: Rest

If you are having exertional intolerance, try to rest.
It sounds basic, however, it is too late to start an exercise regimen. However, see your provider to make sure you do not have any cardiac issues.

In brief: Rest

Dr. Tahir Chauhdry
Dr. Tahir Chauhdry