Sit-ups hurt my back and neck. Is there a home exercise machine that targets my stomach and waist? Every other part of my body is very muscular.

Dr. Pam Yoder
Obstetrics & Gynecology - Maternal Fetal Medicine

In brief: Great Q 4 Physiatry

I like your question.
I could use equipment like that also. Let's ask both physiatry (physical medicine) and sports medicine to find out the latest greatest devices out there. Thanks for asking! @drpam.

In brief: Great Q 4 Physiatry

I like your question.
Dr. James Henning
Anesthesiology

In brief: Not Reliably

All such "machines" for in-home use have had mixed success.
Back (hip flexor) and neck (cervical muscle) pain happens because you may not be "isolating" your abdominal muscles properly. A fitness trainer or professional should be able to demonstrate the proper techniques.

In brief: Not Reliably

Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine