My 3 year old's behavior is becoming extreme. He is defiant, very easily frustrated, screams and throws tantrums. It really seems abnormal to me. ?

Dr. Mark Diamond

In brief: Talk to Pediatrician

Generally, we advise placing the child in a safe place and ignoring the tantrums.
Then give your child a hug when done, promoting the reward of not behaving so.. And discussing this with your pediatrician should be helpful.

In brief: Talk to Pediatrician

Dr. Johanna Fricke
1-2-3 Magic & " Little People" are good resources.
Dr. Johanna Fricke
Pediatrics - Developmental & Behavioral

In brief: Child Find

If you can't afford a behavioral therapist, children age 3-5 are eligible for early childhood special education if they have significant social/adaptive delays.
Your school district has a child find team that can assess him for eligibility. Also, you can ask them who in your community teaches parents positive behavioral supports: how to "catch him being good.".

In brief: Child Find

Dr. Shontae Buffington