At what level of o2 is it important for me to go to the hospital if I have copd?

Dr. Gutti Rao
Internal Medicine - Hospital-based practice
In brief: clinical symptoms
Worsening signs and symptoms extremely short of breath, using accessory muscles of respiration, wheezing, smothering sensation in the chest, rapid respirations, or very shallow braething.
These are more important than o2 saturation. Less than 88% is generally considered low in a COPD patient.

In brief: clinical symptoms
Dr. Gutti Rao
Dr. Gutti Rao
Dr. Thomas Stern
Internal Medicine - Pulmonary Critical Care
In brief: Oxygen and COPD
I would be more concerned with other COPD symptoms you are having - such as shortness of breath, cough, etc.
- rather than just oxygen level. We attempt to keep COPD patients oxygen saturation 89% or greater but that is not always possible.

In brief: Oxygen and COPD
Dr. Thomas Stern
Dr. Thomas Stern
Dr. Peter Kurzweil