Pain right side under ribs front and back, no stones and 90% function, gallbladder disease cause pain? Ideas?

Dr. James Lin
Radiology

In brief: Nonspecific pain

This pain could be caused by a lot of things.
If it's not your gallbladder, it could be an ulcer, gastritis, biliary system, kidney stone, or muscular pain. Your symptoms are very nonspecific and could be a variety of things. Consult a physician in your area.

In brief: Nonspecific pain

Dr. James Lin
Dr. James Lin

In brief: Maybe

It could still be a gall bladder problem. If the hida scan that gave you a 90% function reproduced the same pain.
Gall bladders are not supposed to cause pain when they go to work. You may want to talk to a surgeon about it. I routinely get positive pathology reports on gall bladders that have 'normal' function on pre-op hida scans.

In brief: Maybe

Dr. Scott Grover
Dr. Scott Grover
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham