Are there any clear symptom differences between hemorrhoids and colon cancer? A colonoscopy has a long wait time and I'm scared.

Both. Can bleed and cause changes in stool caliber or pattern. Getting a colonoscopy should not require a long wait time. Check with your pcp mfor a referral to another doctor performing colonoscopies that may have a shorter wait time.Being 23 yo, less likely colon cancer. Do not be scared of the unknown and see a colon and rectal surgeon for evaluation in office.
Not clearly. At your age of 23, colon cancer would be highly unlikely. Both conditions can cause rectal bleeding. Hemorrhoids may cause discomfort and swelling at the anal opening. Colon cancer usually has no symptoms in the early stage except possible rectal bleeding.