Is it safe to eat shrooms while your sick with bronchitis?

Dr. William Walsh
Addiction Medicine

In brief: Safe?

If you are referring to mushrooms with psilocybin, i.
e. Hallucinogenic mushrooms, there is no truly "safe" time to take them. That said, it appears to be the safest illicit drug, with 2 deaths attributed to it; most ill effects appear to be due to panic or ingestion of other drugs (or antidepressants) at the same time.

In brief: Safe?

Dr. William Walsh
Dr. William Walsh
Dr. Alan Wartenberg
Addiction Medicine

In brief: No

Your body needs to heal, and that requires rest and good nutrition.
The fact that using hallucinogenic mushrooms is so important to you that you want to continue using even when you are sick is of great concern to me, and indicates that you may very well have an addiction problem with the shrooms. Your doctor or a counselor should be consulted to discuss this situation.

In brief: No

Dr. Alan Wartenberg
Dr. Alan Wartenberg