How long do I have to wait to smoke again after getting over acute bronchitis?

Dr. Dean Giannone
In brief: Forever!!
Once you have a bout of acute bronchitis, you can never smoke again.
Well, you shouldn't really smoke ever again. Nobody should. Very bad and damaging habit, as I'm sure you already know. Why don't you take this opportunity to make a quit attempt. Might be a great chance to quit for good.

In brief: Forever!!
Dr. Dean Giannone
Dr. Dean Giannone
Dr. Sue Ferranti
In brief: NO!!!
An episode of acute bronchitis is the perfect opportunity to stay off cigarettes forever! smoking increases your risk of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (including chronic bronchitis!) as well as many types of cancer.
By remaining smoke-free, you will substantially decrease your risk of these diseases. Please remain smoke-free! see your doctor for help with this!

In brief: NO!!!
Dr. Sue Ferranti
Dr. Sue Ferranti
Dr. Craig Brown
Internal Medicine - Pulmonology
In brief: No specific time
Maybe this is a good time to think about not smoking again.
There is not accepted time to start smoking after a respiratory illness.

In brief: No specific time
Dr. Craig Brown
Dr. Craig Brown
Dr. Aaron Milstone
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Pulmonology