What other test (s) can diagnose epileptic seizures in severe dev. Delay child > 5y/o (beside eeg)?

Observe,Video EEG. The label of epilepsy is generally applied when a patient has recurrent neurologic events originating from the brain structures. A normal eeg does not rule out epilepsy, nor does an abnormal eeg always mean epilepsy. Some specialty centers will do a 24hour video eeg to try to capture the events with a simultaneous eeg as they may come at unpredictable times. Some events may not be seizures at all.