I was in an abusive relationship 3 years ago and the guy injured my right knee i still get the sharp shooting and stabbing pain at night and when it is cold will the pain ever go away what do I need to do?

Dr. Peter Karsant
Dentistry

In brief: Glad you are out

You need to see an orthopedic surgeon to get evaluated or you may start with your primary md.
Once you and your doctor know what the problem is you can decide on treatment if any.

In brief: Glad you are out

Dr. Peter Karsant
Dr. Peter Karsant
Pathology

In brief: Consult your doctor

Three years is a long time to live with pain.
Why have you not consulted your doctor? It is difficult to suggest a treatment without examining the knee and may be doing imaging studies, please do yourself the favor of getting advice and treatment from your doctor.

In brief: Consult your doctor

Dr. Crystal Twynham
Board Certified, Surgery