Do obese children have advanced bone ages, which lead to lower adult heights? If so, can that be corrected with weight loss?

Dr. Vered Lewy-Weiss
Pediatrics - Endocrinology

In brief: Yes/maybe

Particularly in girls, obesity can advance bone age because of increases in adrenal androgens and increased aromatization of androgens to Estrogens through increased fatty tissue.
That said, earlier puberty often ensues which further advances bone age and can limit final height potential. Losing weight may help to slow things down, at least not to further accelerate the maturation process.

In brief: Yes/maybe

Dr. Vered Lewy-Weiss
Dr. Vered Lewy-Weiss
Dr. Mark Diamond

In brief: Apparently so

Dr lewy-weiss knows much more than I do and her answer explains what happens in the hormonal environment.

In brief: Apparently so

Dr. Mark Diamond
Dr. Mark Diamond
Dr. Cindy Juster