I'm 36 weeks and have an oblique lying baby. Will he move or will this affect my birth?

Dr. Patrick Weix

In brief: Oblique Lie at 36 wk

An oblique lie (assuming this is head-down oblique) will convert to a longitudinal lie (head-down, cephalic, or "normal") 99% of the time by the time of labor.
About 1% of the time, the baby may convert to a transverse lie. Obviously a transverse lie is not compatible with vaginal delivery, which would affect the birth.

In brief: Oblique Lie at 36 wk

Dr. Patrick Weix
Dr. Patrick Weix

In brief: Could settle or not

Baby either will or won't get into proper position.
Sometimes an OB can try a version (external turning maneuver) to move baby into better position when you are closer to delivery.If baby doesn't settle, you'll need to expect a surgical delivery.

In brief: Could settle or not

Dr. Shontae Buffington