I was born with bronchial asthma and I am 18 years old and still have it. Will I be asthmatic for ever?

In brief: The real question...

...Is, will you let asthma run your life forever? Properly controlled asthma will not stop you from doing anything you want (except smoking - hopefully your brains will stop you from doing that), and the strength you develop fighting it will help you through every other challenge of your life.

In brief: The real question...

Dr. Anatoly Belilovsky
Dr. Anatoly Belilovsky
Dr. Brian Bezack
Pediatrics - Pulmonology

In brief: Probably

Asthma is generally considered a lifelong chronic illness with underlying airway inflammation and hyper-responsiveness.
When treated appropriately is can be controlled to prevent irreversible remodeling of the airways, but there is no cure. You can go into periods of quiescence throughout your life, but asthma can re-activate at any time depending on the specific trigger.

In brief: Probably

Dr. Brian Bezack
Dr. Brian Bezack
Dr. Yash Khanna

In brief: Bronchial Asthma

If you have bronchial asthma sometimes you can go into remission with no asthmatic attacks for years but it can start again anytime in future.
Some patients with childhood asthma have no attacks for years and it may start again smetime.I hope it answer your question.

In brief: Bronchial Asthma

Dr. Yash Khanna
Dr. Yash Khanna
Dr. Vicken Poochikian