Will I need a c-section if my placenta is in a low position?

Dr. Jeff Livingston
If the placenta is covering the opening of the cervix (the os) the yes a c section will be needed.
Most doctors say as long as the edge of the placenta is at least 2 CM away from the os the vaginal delivery is safe.

Dr. Jeff Livingston
Dr. Jeff Livingston
Dr. Alan Patterson
In brief: What did your OB say
U need to discuss this with your OB if the placenta is over the opening or within a few centimeters at the end or if u go into labor before the end then u will need a csection please discuss with your OB who knows your specific situation.

In brief: What did your OB say
Dr. Alan Patterson
Dr. Alan Patterson
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham