How could I best control my asthma without medicine?

In brief: Avoid triggers.

In general, desert climate is best for people with asthma.
Dust filters, avoiding pets, avoiding crowds may decrease exposure to triggers. If none of this works, consider medications after all; they may prevent airway remodeling and development of emphysema in a setting of persistent uncontrolled asthma.

In brief: Avoid triggers.

Dr. Anatoly Belilovsky
Dr. Anatoly Belilovsky

In brief: Environamtal control

Many asthmatics have attacks due to contact with allergic substances.
The most common are animal dander, and certain insect remains and excrement. Encasing your mattress in vinyl, removing rugs from your house, using leather or vinyl covered chairs, etc can help. Avoidance of allergens is still the best non-drug method.

In brief: Environamtal control

Dr. Richard Williams
Dr. Richard Williams