Could you use acupuncture to help with asthma?

In brief: Not proven effective

Researchers examined studies on acupuncture and asthma, and concluded that acupuncture has no proven benefit for asthma.
Asthma is a disease that clears up and recurs, over and over, so a patient can mistakenly believe acupuncture helps his resolving asthma symptoms, when in fact it is the real medications and time that are reversing his inflammation and symptoms. Homeopathy also is not effective.

In brief: Not proven effective

In brief: WHO Says:

The world health organization places small airway obstruction under the category of “diseases, symptoms or conditions for which there are only individual controlled trials reporting some therapeutic effects, but for which acupuncture is worth trying because treatment by conventional and other therapies is difficult.
” it can be beneficial but will not cure it.

In brief: WHO Says:

Dr. Joshua Davidson
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology

In the last few years, I have seen acupuncture help with various inflammatory conditions.
These include seizures, asthma, arthritis, etc. Have i seen it cure asthma? No, although nothing truly cures asthma. I have seen acupuncture contribute, along with proper use of asthma medications, to excellent asthma control. I encourage its use with many of my patients.

Dr. Joshua Davidson
Dr. Joshua Davidson
Dr. Jonathan Jassey