I am 35 weeks pregnant. I am having UTI symptoms such as frequent urination, lower back pain, & foul odor smelling urine. But doctor says I don't have a uti. What could it be?

Cystitis. The uterus is sitting right on top of the bladder, compressingit and not allowing it to fill correctly. These symptoms are not uncommon.
?Nitrite negative. Possibly dr. Performed a "dipstick" test on your urine. Nitrite reagent on strip changes color for most, but by no means all, bacteria. Symptoms strongly suggest a uti. Urine culture is much more relaible, also urine microscopy & gram stain of urinary sediment. Your dr. Could safely put you on an antibiotic once urine sample has been provided, even before result of culture is returned. Good luck.