My son is 3 years old and recently have been potty trained..Now its everytime he wants to touch his penis n keep playing with it..What is the problem..N what can I do to make him know its not good he does that? N how can I talk to him in a nice way that h

Dr. Michael Sparacino

In brief: Normal

This is actually a normal phase tha malt children go through.
If you take it is stride, he will too.

In brief: Normal

If you take it is stride, he will too.
Dr. Johanna Fricke
Pediatrics - Developmental & Behavioral

In brief: Teach him what

Parts of the body are private & explain what " private" & "public" mean.
Teach him that touching his penis is okay to to do only in his bedroom or the bathroom & that when you see him touch it in "public, " you'll say , "look at me. Quiet hands." then say, "good listening!" when he moves his hands away. Do not shame him or tell him that masturbation is "bad, " because it's normal.

In brief: Teach him what

Dr. Shontae Buffington